Friday, December 23, 2016

Off We Go to the Great White North

December 23, 2016

 Well, I thought it might be a good idea to resurrect this long neglected blog experiment. Doing this wasn't just an exercise in writing. Some very big changes have occurred in my and Karen's life and, in the interest of glorifying God, keeping friends and family informed about our new ministry calling will testify to His goodness.

Cornerstone Church in Eastport, Maine has called me - and God has confirmed this call - to be their new pastor. Karen and I are leaving Georgia in 5 days to assume this position. Yeah, I know, driving for 3 days to New England in the Winter sounds crazy. But God has called and we are answering, regardless of the season. We trust He will smooth the way for us for a safe trip.

This post is short but I will, when time permits, write soon about how this incredible event was brought to pass. It is a story which clearly displays God's power and grace.

For those who already have our cell phone numbers, they will remain the same in Maine. If you want our address, send me a message. 

Please pray for the ministry in Downeast Maine. There are many challenges and it won't be easy. But God is good and certainly more powerful than any enemy we may encounter. Thank you.

Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment